Monday, February 25, 2013

Casual Navajo Oral History Reunion event planned

All Navajo Oral History project alumni are invited to a casual reunion get-together on Thursday, Feb. 28, at 5:30 p.m. at Brewski's Pub & Eatery in the Riverport Inn (900 Bruski Dr, Winona).

I've been discussing this with several alumni of the program the past few weeks. Originally, I hoped this could be at a restaurant in La Crosse that reportedly had Navajo Tacos on the menu -- but I guess that was a limited time item.  This is better, staying conveniently close to campus.
 
This will be a "buy your own dinner" and "drink only if you're legal" event.

Just a chance to get together, and yak about our experiences on the Navajo Nation. I'm inviting alumni from all years of the project. And, I got some cool Alumni Swag to give away form the WSU Alumni Society.

Please let me know if you're planning on being there, so I can tell Brewskis how many to expect. Spouses-dates-roommates, etc. are all welcome.


For those that can't make it on short notice: Please plan ahead to make time to come to Winona in September for the Reception and Premiere of the 2013 Navajo Oral History project. Because it's the fifth year of this important project that we all love, I want to do a bigger and better reception and premiere to honor the creator soy the new 2013 films; but also to honor all Navajo Oral History Project participants.


The fall reception will be held on Thursday, Sept. 12, or Friday, Sept. 13. We'll have the date locked down by mid-March.


-- Tom Grier

No comments:

Post a Comment